Thank you for your interest in the Practice Management Minute (PMM). The PMM is published by Florida based professionals. It provides timely business tips, economic outlooks, insurance insight, congressional activity and more, all compiled together for practice managers and decision-makers.
The PMM is published by Matt Gracey of Danna-Gracey, and Bill Miller of William C. Miller & Associates, both located in Delray Beach, Florida.
Matt Gracey is the CEO of Danna-Gracey, Inc. a boutique insurance specialist agency dedicated solely to medical malpractice insurance coverage placement for Florida physicians and surgeons, as well as placement of medical facilities' workers compensation coverage.
Bill Miler is owner of William C. Miller & Associates, a full-service financial planning firm that focuses on helping individuals and businesses develop wealth accumulation, management and transfer strategies.
In this issue:
To read all of these Hot Tips, download the Summer 2007 isssue here.
- “Reasonable” Compensation for Physicians - What is “reasonable” compensation for physicians? The IRS has made the issue of officer compensation an area of prime concern for audit purposes... read more
- Disability Insurance for Physicians - After a long dry spell, physicians are once again able to get disability insurance coverage that matters... read more
- Workers’ Comp Update: Good News For Medical Practices - It’s turning out to be another good year for medical practices that provide workers’ compensation for their employees... read more
- Asset Protection for Physicians - Asset protection has become of great importance to physicians because of the litigious climate in which we live. Fortunately, Florida provides some protection... read more
- For Your Toolbox - Introducing a New Risk Reduction System... read more
- EMR (Electronic Medical Records) and Cash Flow - Integrating Electronic Medical Records into any practice can be challenging and can affect cash flow. EMR will be a necessary part of every medical practice in the future... read more
- Florida Malpractice Insurance Update - Malpractice insurance rates and risk continue to drop in Florida. Many reasons: tort reform, smarter, more defensive medicine being practiced, bare doctors ranks increasing to approximately 5,000 statewide, and fewer frivilious cases being filed... read more
We encourage you to submit well-written features, how-to tips, book excerpts, "how I did it" stories, tips and hints, instructions, motivational articles and other articles that will help practice managers gain knowledge that will help them succeed in directing their practice. All submissions should include a brief title with content limited to 100 words or less. Among the broad subject areas we cover are insurance, sales & marketing, human resources, taxes, risk management, legal and accounting issues, accounting, medical billing and transcription, writing, and computer technology in practice.
The information in the PMM is provided for general informational purposes only and SHOULD NOT be relied upon as a substitute for sound professional medical or legal advice, evaluation or care from your physician or other qualified healthcare provider. Any information published in the PMM is not intended to or implied to be professional medical or legal advice.